The Covid-19 Pandemic and ensuing quarantine have caused, and continue to cause hardships on individuals, businesses and entire communities. As a way to offer support and relief to those affected by the impact of this global crisis, MIP has established a COVID-19 RELIEF FUND.
The COVID-19 RELIEF FUND is aimed at supporting MIP employees impacted by the pandemic, who may need financial assistance, as well as local charities who are vital to the well-being of the community.
With the money raised until the end of July, The Covid-19 relief Fund will contribute to the following causes:
- CaRES fund – A fund established by Chartwell Retirement Residences, Revera Inc., Extendicare and Sienna Senior Living, that provides emergency financial assistance to LTC workers.
- Provide reusable face masks to each MIP employee
- Donation to St. John's Hospice in the UK that has been going through difficult times
- Donation to SOS Violence Conjugale - supporting victims of domestic violence
- Donation to Canadian Mental Health Association - Supporting mental health initiatives -
- Donation The Wounded Warrior Project - Programs for Veterans in need
As we continue to face challenges during these unprecedented times, we truly believe that working together and supporting each other & our community is our best course of action. At MIP, we are committed to doing our part!